During the World Statistics Day, the United Nations Statistics Division will officially launch the Global Network of Data Officers and Statisticians, a professional network for statisticians, data officers, and geospatial information experts around the world.
The importance of timely and disaggregated data and statistics for evidence decision making has never been as clear as during the COVID-19 crisis. They are essential for designing short-term response interventions and long-term accelerated action to put countries back on track to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). However, basic health, social and economic data are often absent, particularly in many developing countries. The national statistical systems are also facing a capacity squeeze during the crisis. The Global Network aims to help national governments build resilient and sustainable national data and information systems for the full implementation of the SDGs through collaboration, knowledge-sharing, networking, and technical support.
What can you expect of this Global Network, and how can you take advantage of it?
The Network brings together statisticians, data experts and scientists, and geospatial information experts from national statistical systems and regional and international organizations, as well as the data officers and economists from UN Resident Coordinator Offices.
The active participation in the Global Network will allow members to benefit from:
- Increased collaboration among National Statistical Offices and Systems, UN Resident Coordinator Offices, and regional and international organizations.
- Sharing knowledge and best practices on the production and dissemination of data and official statistics for SDG implementation and monitoring.
- Building new partnerships and fostering synergies to support the production and dissemination of data and official statistics for SDG implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Get support from a pool of experts on different topics and from different statistical domains, related to data and official statistics for SDG implementation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Sharing and celebrating the launch of their newest online tool, data solution, report, or event.
- Connecting with colleagues anywhere and anytime through the web browser and the easy-to-use mobile application for Android and iOS (which show already an updated look and feel, and additional functionality compared to the web browser).
Join the Global Network of Data Officers and Statisticians today on https://www.yammer.com/unstats
Quick Guide for registration on the Global Network of Data Officers and Statistician on Yammer:
- Please click on the link: Global Network of Data Officers and Statisticians